Inside 70-year-old Paris apartmentBreaking News
tags: World War II, historic preservation, Paris, apartments, Belle Epoque
Caked in dust and full of turn-of-the century treasures, this Paris apartment is like going back in time.
Having lain untouched for seven decades the abandoned home was discovered three years ago after its owner died aged 91.
The woman who owned the flat, a Mrs De Florian, had fled for the south of France before the outbreak of the Second World War.
She never returned and in the 70 years since, it looks like no-one had set foot inside....
comments powered by Disqus
- George Washington gets romanticized by male biographers. Now a woman has taken him on.
- Can Donald Trump Avoid a War with Iran? History Tells Us To Worry.
- Who Owns History? Connecticut Woman Sues Harvard for Family Photos
- In 1933, two rebellious women bought a home in Virginia’s woods. Then the CIA moved in.
- Historic Iwo Jima footage shows individual Marines amid the larger battle
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History
- This one-of-a-kind conference celebrates the real people behind the Underground Railroad
- Zara Steiner, distinguished scholar of diplomatic history, dies at 91
- Historian James T. Kloppenberg Writes Article About Teaching Pete Buttigieg
- How a Fake Priest Duped Oxford and a World-Famous Historian