Independence wants its pioneer woman back.
Theft of pioneer woman statue grabs attentionBreaking News
tags: statues, Kansas City Star, theft, Kansas City
The recent theft and apparent destruction of the 6-foot bronze statue that for more than 20 years stood sentinel outside the National Frontier Trails Museum has been taken personally by residents and overland trails buffs.
Museum officials are discussing a possible fundraising campaign to finance a replacement pioneer, and three sculptors already have volunteered their services....
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Haven't the Afghanistan Papers Gotten More Attention?
- Native people did not use fire to shape New England’s landscape
- Meet the Forgotten Chemist and His “Poison Squad,” Whose Fight Against Deadly Chemicals in Food Led to the Establishment of the FDA
- Was Martin Luther King Jr. a Republican or a Democrat? The Answer Is Complicated
- How One Man's Story Offers a New Way to Understand Slave Insurrection
- National Security Archive Releases USCYBERCOM documents which shed new light on the campaign to counter ISIS in cyberspace
- Historian Jonathan Holloway will be named as Rutgers first black president
- The Twitterstorians Trying to De-Trumpify American History
- African Americans and Africa: A New Book about Black America’s Relationship with the Continent
- AHA Sends Letter to NARA Archivist about Altered Women's March Photo