Historian presents prize-winning book to Irish presidentHistorians in the News
tags: historians, Irish history
A NORTH-EAST historian who won an Irish history award has presented her prize-winning book to the President of the Irish Republic.
Teesside University senior lecturer Roisin Higgins - who shares the same surname as President Michael D. Higgins - was welcomed to his official resident in Dublin to hand him a copy of her book 'Transforming 1916: meaning, memory and the fiftieth anniversary of the Easter Rising'.
The book won the ACIS James Donnelly Senior prize for the best Irish history book published in 2012....
comments powered by Disqus
- An Act of Remembering Native American Children Who Died so Long Ago
- June Willenz, Champion of Women in the Military, Dies at 95
- Remembering Ray Eurquhart, a Lifelong Activist Radicalized in the Military
- 9/11 Families Outraged by 'Massive Coverup’ Linking Saudi Arabian Official to Hijackers
- Charlottesville Official Wants To Revisit Statues’ Removal