Carson refers to slaves as 'immigrants' in talk to HUD employeesBreaking News
tags: slavery, immigration, Ben Carson
● Carson Has Called Slaves ‘Immigrants’ for Decades (Politico)
● Ben Carson and the Misuse of History By Jelani Cobb
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson referred to slaves as "immigrants" dreaming of a better life in a talk with department employees, according to Monday reports.
“That’s what America is about. A land of dreams and opportunity,” Carson said. “There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less.”
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘The Crown’: The History Behind Season 3 on Netflix
- No, Trump in 2019 is not like George Washington in 1794
- Confederate Statue in North Carolina Comes Down After 112 Years
- NASA Renames Object After Uproar Over Old Name’s Nazi Connotations
- New Statue Unsettles Italian City: Is It Celebrating a Poet or a Nationalist?
- Beloved University professor passes away at 64
- British Historians Antony Beevor, Tom Holland and Dan Snow say they cannot vote for party under Corbyn
- He Predicted Both Trump’s Election and Impeachment. What Else Does He Know?
- Dorothy Seymour Mills, who received belated credit for husband's baseball books, dies at 91
- A Defense of Aristocracy: On Anthony T. Kronman’s “The Assault on American Excellence”