Immigration Control and Resistance: Historicizing the Present Moment, a Conversation between Historians and ActivistsHistorians in the News
Luis Mancheno is an attorney with the Bronx Defenders. He was interviewed by the History News Network's Erik Moshe on January 6, 2018 at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association after appearing on a panel assembled in the last few months to discuss immigration: "Immigration Control and Resistance: Historicizing the Present Moment, a Conversation between Historians and Activists."
comments powered by Disqus
- 50 Years Later, It Feels Familiar: How America Fractured in 1968
- Hawaii False Alarm Hints at Thin Line Between Mishap and Nuclear War
- Ohio Teacher Put on Leave After Lynching Remark to Black Student
- One year in, Donald Trump has redefined the presidency
- In Trump’s Immigration Remarks, Echoes of a Century-Old Racial Ranking
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"
- Bruce Cole, renaissance scholar who led National Endowment for the Humanities, dies at 79
- New book lays out for the first time the full story of Cuba's Cuban Missile Crisis