Japan Balks at Calls for New Apology to South Korea Over ‘Comfort Women’Breaking News
tags: Japan, comfort women, South Korea
On matters of history, Japan and South Korea can never seem to agree to disagree.
Three days after South Korea said it would not roll back a 2015 accordover women forced into sexual slavery for the Japanese military during World War II, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan rejected on Friday “additional measures” sought by Seoul.
The issue even threatened to jeopardize his attendance at the Winter Olympics’ opening ceremony next month.
comments powered by Disqus
- An Act of Remembering Native American Children Who Died so Long Ago
- June Willenz, Champion of Women in the Military, Dies at 95
- Remembering Ray Eurquhart, a Lifelong Activist Radicalized in the Military
- 9/11 Families Outraged by 'Massive Coverup’ Linking Saudi Arabian Official to Hijackers
- Charlottesville Official Wants To Revisit Statues’ Removal