Jerusalem Criticizes Berlin’s Jewish Museum for ‘Anti-Israel Activity’Breaking News
tags: Israel, Jerusalem, Germany, BDS, Welcome to Jerusalem
This city’s Jewish Museum prides itself on stirring things up. In recent exhibitions exploring Jewish stereotypes and attitudes to circumcision, the museum pushed visitors to question what it means to be Jewish in Germany, and the world.
Its latest show, “Welcome to Jerusalem,” also got people talking. And it appeared to draw criticism from an unlikely source: the highest levels of the Israeli government.
The exhibition, which presents Jerusalem’s role as a crossroads of the world’s three monotheistic religions, is singled out in a letter that surfaced this month, with the title, “German Funding of Organizations Intervening in Israeli Domestic Affairs or Promoting anti-Israel Activity.”
comments powered by Disqus
- The Myth of North America, in One Painting
- When an Enemy’s Cultural Heritage Becomes One’s Own
- The Country’s Oldest Chinatown is Fighting for its Life in San Francisco
- Jonathan Pollard: Revisiting a Still Sensitive Case
- Finding the Last Ship Known to have Brought Enslaved Africans to America and the Descendants of its Survivors