Carolyn Reidy, President and CEO of Simon & Schuster, Dies at 71Breaking News
tags: obituaries, books, publishing
Simon & Schuster CFO Dennis Eulau credits Reidy for the success of a number of books by authors such as Pulitzer Prize winners David W. Blight, Anthony Doerr, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Frank McCourt, David McCullough and Siddhartha Mukherjee and world leaders and newsmakers such as Hillary Rodham Clinton, Dick Cheney, Walter Isaacson and Bob Woodward.
"She was equally attentive, on a personal level, to our authors, to whom she sent handwritten notes when they received awards, made the bestseller list, or simply to let them know when she finished reading their books," Eulau said.
comments powered by Disqus
- H.R. McMaster on Trump's White House and American National Security (Video)
- Trump's Praise of Robert E. Lee Gets Pushback from Minnesotans Proud of State's Role at Gettysburg
- Why The Supreme Court Ended Up With Nine Justices—And How That Could Change
- Black and White Polk Pastors Overcome Racism in Show of Forgiveness and Grace
- Robert S. Graetz, Rare White Minister to Back Bus Boycott, Dies at 92
- Look What Has Been Taken From Black Americans
- Watching “Watchmen” as a Descendant of the Tulsa Race Massacre
- The Harvard Community Reflects on the Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- TODAY: Eric Weitz "A World Divided: The Global Struggle for Human Rights in the Age of Nation-States"
- Russian Police Detain History Professor After Protest