History News Network
100 South King Street Suite 425
Seattle, WA 98104
Rick Shenkman: Publisher &
John Stucky: Production Editor
Judd Bundy: Lead Web Engineer
Jonathan Dresner: Assistant Editor
Robin Lindley: Features Editor
Yoni Anijar: Features Editor
Erik Moshe: Features Editor
Walter Moss: Contributing Editor
David L. O'Connor: Contributing Editor
Jonathan Harrison: Contributing Editor
Fred Zilian: Contributing Editor
Luther Spoehr, Editor
HNN Travel Program
Tiffany April Griffin
Our Governing Board
The History News Network is a non-profit corporation registered in Washington State. The IRS has granted the organization status as a 501(c)(3) charity. All donations to HNN are tax deductible. These are the members of our Board of Directors:
David Bruce Smith
Our Advisory Board
Emeritus professor of history at the University of Notre Dame and the author of Crossings: The Great Transatlantic Migrations (1720-1830)
Professor of history at McGill University and the author of See How They Ran: The Changing Role of the Presidential Candidate and Affairs of State: The Rise and Rejection of the Presidential Couple Since World War II.
Professor of history at Harvard and the author of A Consumers' Republic: The Politics of Mass Consumption in Postwar America (Knopf, 2003), Making a New Deal: Industrial Workers in Chicago, 1919-1939 and co-author of The American Pageant, a college U.S. history text.
Co-founder of the History News Service and author of Being a Historian: An Introduction to the Professional World of History (Cambridge University Press).
Professor of Communications, American University and co-author of By the Color of Our Skin.
Eugene C. Barker Centennial Professor Emeritus in American history at the University of Texas at Austin and author of The Modern American Presidency.
HNN takes the privacy of our readers seriously. The only information we collect from our users is the email address they use to subscribe to our newsletters. We do not collect information about the choices individual users make on the site. We do not leave cookies on their computers to track their online behavior.
- The forgotten history of Captain Marvel
- 'Not just in the US': amateur historian highlights Canada's forgotten racism
- The scathing ad 1,600 black women bought to oppose Clarence Thomas
- Leader of Texas Board that dropped Hillary Clinton explains their reasoning
- Should Holocaust education be mandatory? This 9th-grader tries to make it so.
- Yuval Noah Harari: Netanyahu's Government Threatens Foundations of Israel's Liberal Democracy
- Police Union Objects To School Visit by Ohio State Historian Hasan Kwame Jeffries
- New York Review of Books Editor Is Out Amid Uproar Over #MeToo Essay
- Allan Lichtman’s new book is about the biggest mistake the Founding Fathers made in drafting the Constitution
- Ehsan Yarshater, Iran Scholar With a Monumental Vision, Dies at 98