Originally published 09/18/2017
The Assembly passed a resolution 41 to 5 to denounce comments by the president that seemed to equate white supremacists and neo-Nazis with the protesters demonstrating against them.
Originally published 09/14/2017
Survey conducted by Reuters/Ipsos in conjunction with UVA Center for Politics measures racial sentiments in aftermath of August neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville.
Originally published 09/07/2017
What we do – and do not – have to worry about.
Originally published 08/15/2017
Ibram X. Kendi asks and answers this question: What would Jefferson say about white supremacists descending upon his university?
Ibram X. Kendi
"Jefferson’s beloved city and his beloved nation are suffering at the hands of his two warring children: the older child of bigotry and the younger child of equality."
Originally published 06/26/2017
The National Park Service discovered the memorial in 2006, but it remained unknown until a journalist happened to learn of it.
Originally published 06/07/2017
Why the accused Portland killer and others see Vinland as an inspiration.
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond