Originally published 09/06/2017
Gavriel D. Rosenfeld
By holding a mirror up to society and reflecting its aspirations and shortcomings, alternative histories can advance our national dialogue about the legacy of slavery and the Civil War, says Gavriel D. Rosenfeld.
Originally published 08/07/2017
HBO’s "Confederate" takes as its premise an ugly truth that black Americans are forced to live every day: What if the Confederacy wasn’t wholly defeated?
Originally published 08/01/2017
James Thornton Harris
What Herbert Marcuse would make of the show.
Originally published 07/23/2017
Historians are worried.
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past