SOURCE: The Hill
The 2018 midterms and 2020 primaries showed just how critical the turnout of women—Democrat, independent and moderate Republican will be this November.
SOURCE: San Francisco Chronicle
by Jonathan Zimmerman
Age is seen as a weakness that we unfairly ascribe to millions of people. And that prejudice enfeebles all of us, no matter how old we are.
SOURCE: The Nation
by David S. Fogleson
Candidates gearing up for 2020 may be blazing new trails on domestic issues, but when it comes to engagement with Russia, they haven’t moved beyond the counterproductive status quo.
- 131-Year-Old Confederate Statue Removed From Alexandria Intersection
- All the History I Learned in my Youth Came from the American Girl Doll Books
- Is This the Worst Year in Modern American History?
- Role-Playing Games are Breathing New Life into the History Classroom
- Dallas Awarded $50,000 to Preserve Civil Rights History
- The Rebellion in Defense of Black Lives is Rooted in U.S. History. So, too, is Trump’s Authoritarian Rule (Podcast)
- Beverly Hills, Buckhead, SoHo: The New Sites of Urban Unrest
- How Today’s Protests Compare to 1968, Explained by a Historian
- What Is Antifa, the Movement Trump Wants to Declare a Terror Group?
- Confronting the History of a Southern Asylum: An Interview With Mab Segrest