SOURCE: The Conversation
by Aileen Teague
If Trump ever follows through on his threat and puts up a closed sign at the southern border, it wouldn’t be the first time. Twice in the last half-century the U.S. has tried to use the border to force Mexico to bend to America’s will.
by Robert T. C. Goodwin
Spanish Presidios and Mexican Leather-Jackets in 1772
by Elliott Young
While much of the coverage of immigration has focused on the Border Wall, we have forgotten that for over 100 years, most immigration restriction has happened beyond the borders of the United States.
- Tom Engelhardt Writes Personal and Historical Essay: Turning 75 in the Age of Trump
- Historian Drew Gilpin Faust Pens Personal and Historical Essay: "Race, History, and Memories of a Virginia Girlhood"
- WBUR Is Belatedly Giving Credit to a Female Historian for a Segment
- Behind the men on the moon, there were thousands of women
- Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade