SOURCE: The Atlantic
The goal for the Cold War rivals was the same: to prove that animals could survive in orbit so that people could, too. But why did the Soviets use dogs, while the Americans used primates?
SOURCE: The American Prospect
by Tad Daley & Jane Shevtsov
Why did the first humans to set foot off Planet Earth plant the flag of only part of Planet Earth?
SOURCE: NY Times
For a brief moment, the civil rights movement and the space race came together.
by Fraser MacDonald
As we commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landings, the Nazi provenance of some technology and personnel is too often kept at bay.
An interview with Roger Launius.
SOURCE: Washington Post
NASA canceled the first all-female spacewalk on March 26 because it only had one "readily usable" spacesuit that would fit Anne McClain and Christina Koch.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream