by Richard Moe
“We told the truth, we obeyed the law, we kept the peace and we championed human rights.”
by Yoav J. Tenembaum
History has taught us that every attempt by the United States to settle the Arab Israeli conflict by advancing its own peace plan has failed.
by Ronald L. Feinman
It would be wise if the next President of the United States examined the records of accomplishment in foreign policy of the three most recent Democratic Presidents.
by Jeremy Kuzmarov
Even though Carter wants to be remembered as a peace president, the fact is that his presidency was crucial to the revival of American militarism after Vietnam.
SOURCE: The Hill
by Joel K. Goldstein
Part of his underappreciated legacy as president was the historic role he played in elevating the vice presidency from an awkward, standby position to a constructive part of government on an ongoing basis.
Liberals yearn to believe in post-ideological blank slates -- and get disappointed every time. Will we ever learn?
by Thomas Frank
“We are such losers”
SOURCE: Telegraph (UK)
Tomorrow marks the 90th anniversary of the moment that the Earl of Carnarvon and Howard Carter, working in primitive conditions in the desert, found and opened the tomb.They became the first people to lay eyes upon the boy king's sarcophagus in 3,000 years, and also made an “extraordinary contribution” to our historical understanding, the fifth earl’s ancestor and namesake George Herbert has said.Ahead of the anniversary the current Lord Carnarvon praised the "determined and stoic behaviour" of the archaeological team....
- Hurricane Dorian Unearths Civil War Cannonballs at South Carolina Beach
- Ms. Monopoly is here. Psst: A woman invented the game in the first place
- 9/11 Is History Now. Here's How American Kids Are Learning About It in Class
- Why Don't We Consider Cannabis Part of the American Herbal Renaissance
- A woman who ran for president in 1872 was compared to Satan and locked up. It wasn’t for her emails.
- Historians push to create public archive of documents from massive opioid litigation
- Fake Citations Kill Historian's Career
- Jim McGrath on Podcasts and Public History
- Uncovering the History of Child Psychiatry: A Conversation with Deborah Blythe Doroshow
- Gerald Ford, Impeachment, and The Difference Between Politics and Law Enforcement