SOURCE: National Security Archive
by Tom Blanton and Nate Jones
Oscar-worthy Documents on the Dark Side, from Cheyenne to Baghdad
SOURCE: The Washington Post
by James Mann
The former veep’s ideological agenda did far more damage than his quest for clout.
SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
by Rebecca Gordon
Should George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Others Be Jailed?
Responding to Freedom of Information requests, the National Archives and Records Administration released a trove of documents and photos from Dick Cheney’s time as vice president.
SOURCE: Official website of Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT)
"This is going to be a two month war, not an eight year war."
SOURCE: The Nation
by Jon Wiener
Dick Cheney came to the Nixon Library this week to talk about his new book, but in the end the conversation turned to Obamacare.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
The sentencing of Bradley Manning to 35 years in prison came because he leaked government documents, mostly with a low level of classification that probably shouldn’t have been classified in the first place.
by Tom Engelhardt
Bush administration Cabinet meeting in 2001.
- Why legislation is needed to make Holocaust education more prominent in public schools: 5 questions answered
- How the Gilded Age's Top 1 Percent Thrived on Corruption
- The return of Ken Starr: He pushed impeachment for Clinton but now defends Trump
- The first transport of Jews to Auschwitz was 997 teenage girls. Few survived.
- As India’s Constitution Turns 70, Opposing Sides Fight to Claim Its Author as One of Their Own
- What Happens When You Give Students Control of the Syllabus?
- A Civil War-era ‘witch bottle’ may have been found on a Virginia highway, archaeologists say
- The Future of the Academy at the Association of American Colleges and Universities
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians