SOURCE: The National Coalition for History
They include funding for the NEH & NHPRC, with only limited cuts.
SOURCE: Society of American Archivists
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which oversees NARA, will take up a bill to address the recent data breach at the Office of Personnel Management.
SOURCE: Marshall Foundation
National Historic Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) awarded the George C. Marshall Foundation continuing support of $33,000 in the 2013-2014 year for editing and preparing for publication volume 7, the final volume of The Papers of George Catlett Marshall. Volume 7 is expected to be published in 2015. NHPRC has been a significant contributor to the project since 1977. Editor of The Marshall Papers is Mark A. Stoler, Ph.D., a distinguished military and diplomatic historian who wrote the acclaimed biography of Marshall, George C. Marshall: Soldier-Statesman of the American Century. Managing editor is Daniel D. Holt, who recently retired as director of the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum and is an expert in the era to be covered in the remaining papers. Mame Warren, previously director for Hopkins History Enterprises at the Sheridan Libraries at Johns Hopkins University, is assistant editor
- Black Lives Matter Movement Prods Bethlehem and Other Districts to Review How History is Taught
- During the Civil War, the Enslaved Were Given an Especially Odious Job. The Pay Went to Their Owners.
- Riots Long Ago, Luxury Living Today
- Native Americans and Polynesians Met Around 1200 A.D.
- Campaign Urges NASA to Rename the John C. Stennis Space Center
- Historical Association Schools Teachers on White House History
- MIT Professor Tunney Lee, an Architect, Urban Planner, and Historian of Chinatown, Dies at 88
- Historian Adrian Miller on Denver’s Underrepresented Legacy of Black Culinary Excellence
- ‘If I tell people about what happened, I honor my ancestors.’ How the Pandemic is Helping a Slavery Historian Develop a K-12 Lesson Plan on African-American History
- In Memoriam: Historian and Politician Ivo Banac