SOURCE: The National Coalition for History
They include funding for the NEH & NHPRC, with only limited cuts.
SOURCE: Society of American Archivists
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which oversees NARA, will take up a bill to address the recent data breach at the Office of Personnel Management.
SOURCE: Marshall Foundation
National Historic Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) awarded the George C. Marshall Foundation continuing support of $33,000 in the 2013-2014 year for editing and preparing for publication volume 7, the final volume of The Papers of George Catlett Marshall. Volume 7 is expected to be published in 2015. NHPRC has been a significant contributor to the project since 1977. Editor of The Marshall Papers is Mark A. Stoler, Ph.D., a distinguished military and diplomatic historian who wrote the acclaimed biography of Marshall, George C. Marshall: Soldier-Statesman of the American Century. Managing editor is Daniel D. Holt, who recently retired as director of the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum and is an expert in the era to be covered in the remaining papers. Mame Warren, previously director for Hopkins History Enterprises at the Sheridan Libraries at Johns Hopkins University, is assistant editor
- ‘The Crown’: The History Behind Season 3 on Netflix
- No, Trump in 2019 is not like George Washington in 1794
- Confederate Statue in North Carolina Comes Down After 112 Years
- NASA Renames Object After Uproar Over Old Name’s Nazi Connotations
- New Statue Unsettles Italian City: Is It Celebrating a Poet or a Nationalist?
- Beloved University professor passes away at 64
- British Historians Antony Beevor, Tom Holland and Dan Snow say they cannot vote for party under Corbyn
- He Predicted Both Trump’s Election and Impeachment. What Else Does He Know?
- Dorothy Seymour Mills, who received belated credit for husband's baseball books, dies at 91
- A Defense of Aristocracy: On Anthony T. Kronman’s “The Assault on American Excellence”