by Leah Greenberg and Ezra Levin
Leaders got involved because the country had fallen into the hands of a vile, dangerous bully. They were not going to put up with harassment in their own communities.
by Walter Moss
Most Americans know little about Russia and Russians except that they might have interfered in our 2016 elections.
by Josh Zeitz
The conflict was an internal class war as well as a war against a foreign enemy.
How did this monster get created? The decades of GOP lies that brought us Donald Trump, Republican front-runner
by Heather Cox Richardson
Donald Trump did not happen overnight. He's the product of a dangerous, cynical GOP strategy that dates back years
SOURCE: NY Review of Books
by Garry Wills
She has better things to do.
by Larry J. Sabato, Kyle Kondik and Geoffrey Skelley
The battleground states will give you déjà vu.
SOURCE: Smart Politics
A Smart Politics analysis finds that the 14 years between Jeb Bush's last electoral victory in 2002 and the presidential election of 2016 is the longest such gap recorded by any victorious presidential candidate in more than 150 years.
by Robert Brent Toplin
Credit: Wiki Commons.Reince Priebus, Chairman of the Republican National Committee, recently told NBC and CNN television executives that he would request that his party shut the two networks out of the GOP’s presidential debates during the 2016 primary race. Priebus issued the threat because NBC had a drama in production about Hillary Clinton and CNN planned to release a documentary film about her. The GOP chairman pointed out that Mrs. Clinton was the Democrats’ likely candidate for president in 2016. By depicting her life and activities, these movies might bolster Mrs. Clinton’s fortunes in the next presidential race. Others, including several GOP state party chairmen, warned that the two film productions could influence voters. They stressed that television networks with reputations for objectivity should not sponsor films that masquerade as unbiased productions.
- Why Haven't the Afghanistan Papers Gotten More Attention?
- Native people did not use fire to shape New England’s landscape
- Meet the Forgotten Chemist and His “Poison Squad,” Whose Fight Against Deadly Chemicals in Food Led to the Establishment of the FDA
- Was Martin Luther King Jr. a Republican or a Democrat? The Answer Is Complicated
- How One Man's Story Offers a New Way to Understand Slave Insurrection
- National Security Archive Releases USCYBERCOM documents which shed new light on the campaign to counter ISIS in cyberspace
- Historian Jonathan Holloway will be named as Rutgers first black president
- The Twitterstorians Trying to De-Trumpify American History
- African Americans and Africa: A New Book about Black America’s Relationship with the Continent
- AHA Sends Letter to NARA Archivist about Altered Women's March Photo