Originally published 01/12/2018
From Civil War uniforms to Viking smelts, meet the people who bring history to life.
Originally published 10/21/2013
Local church leaders outside of Leipzig have objected to the "glorification" of war.
Originally published 09/01/2015
Ohio's John Boehner wants to keep the name McKinley. It remains to be seen whether he can undo the action by the Department of the Interior, especially since Republican leaders from Alaska support the original name, Denali, over McKinley. But the mountain should be named Denali.
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments