by B.Z. Khasru
It didn’t take long after the suicide bombings that hit Sri Lanka over Easter Sunday for an old question to resurface: What motivated the attackers?
SOURCE: NY Times
Here is some context to help you understand the latest events in the small island nation.
A government psychiatrist in Sri Lanka goes door to door in an area scarred by civil war, doing whatever he can to meet a staggering need for help.
SOURCE: Associated Press
The U.N.'s top human rights body has approved an international criminal investigation into alleged abuses in Sri Lanka's civil war, which ended in 2009.
SOURCE: The Telegraph
Minister Keheliya Rambukwella made the statement after Cameron called for an independent inquiry into alleged war crimes in the country.
- Tom Engelhardt Writes Personal and Historical Essay: Turning 75 in the Age of Trump
- Historian Drew Gilpin Faust Pens Personal and Historical Essay: "Race, History, and Memories of a Virginia Girlhood"
- WBUR Is Belatedly Giving Credit to a Female Historian for a Segment
- Behind the men on the moon, there were thousands of women
- Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade