The fiery progressive Robert La Follette responded with a classic defense of free speech in wartime.
Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
by Elias Isquith
"I was fascinated by the story and fascinated about what it can teach us about politics today."
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?