SOURCE: Pacific Standard Magazine
Princeton University historian Kevin Kruse offers lessons in how to push back against the claims of the far right
His battle with Dinesh D’Souza.
by Adam Laats
The rightwing activist makes the bogus argument that the GOP is the party of racial justice. But facts won’t carry the day.
That’s the reason name historians show up in his widely discredited film.
At a screening in northern Ohio’s Medina County, it was a hit.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
by Ronald Radosh
His crackpottery is being applauded in conservative outlets that seem to have been infected by a strain of whataboutism that one could call Trump Derangement Derangement Syndrome.
SOURCE: The Hill
Conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, who was recently pardoned by President Trump, is making comparisons for his next film between the Democratic resistance to Trump and how Democrats didn’t accept President Lincoln’s reelection during the Civil War.
SOURCE: The American Conservative
by Paul Gottfried
Forget Trump---Goldberg, Prager, and D’Souza muddle facts to sell books all the time.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
A Case Western Reserve historian spotted the error.
by Michael Todd Landis
Here’s the sad truth.
- After 3 Year FOIA Lawsuit, Washington Post Publishes Afghanistan Papers, A Secret History of the War
- "Indian Land Forever": The 50th anniversary of the Alcatraz Island takeover
- 'Modern-day Pentagon Papers’: Comparing the Afghanistan Papers to blockbuster Vietnam War study
- Nikki Haley's Confederate Flag Comments Spark Backlash
- Pinterest and The Knot Take a Stand Against Plantation Weddings
- Annette Gordon-Reed Reviews Alan Taylor's Book Thomas Jefferson's Education for The Atlantic
- The genealogy boom has hit a roadblock. The Trump administration plans huge fee hikes for immigration records.
- Hundreds of scholars protest Harvard's decision to deny tenure to Latinx studies professor
- Tweeting from the Past: History Course Uses Social Media to Bring Research to Life
- An Art History Mystery with No Shortage of Sleuths